Bulk Material System Design
Templar offers multi-discipline engineering services for projects in the cement & lime, pulp & paper, fertilizer, biomass, aggregate/mining, power and other bulk material handling industries. Our staff includes licensed professional engineers in the civil, structural and mechanical disciplines, and experienced engineers in both process and systems engineering. In addition, we have significant experience in conceptual design and cost estimating for preliminary engineering studies at both the project definition and appropriation phases of multi-million dollar projects. Our prior experience working for design-build contractors provides a practical level of understanding that is generally not found with other engineering firms.
Our experience includes conceptual engineering and studies for project sizes as small as $15,000 and up to $150 million installed cost. Detail engineering experience includes projects up to $15 million installed cost.
Design drawings are predominantly produced using the latest AutoCAD (2-D) and REVIT (3-D) software. In addition, we use Tekla Structures 3-D software for our structural design work. We have considerable experience with 3-D modeling and drawings in AutoCAD, REVIT and Tekla Structures for structural, ductwork and chutework designs. Structural analysis capability is complemented by both Telka and Visual Analysis software. In addition to this commercial software, Templar has developed proprietary software for belt conveyor analysis (CEMA based calculations), structural design of specialized structures, system analysis and cost estimating of industrial projects.
Bulk Material System Design Engineering and Studies
Engineering services provided by Templar include the following:
- Conceptual and feasibility studies
- Process engineering for crushing, screening and grinding systems, plant layout, and general arrangement development
- Mechanical design of belt conveyors
- Design of bins, hoppers, chutework and ductwork systems
- Design of dust collection systems
- Foundation and piling design
- Structural design for all types of industrial structures
- Specification of mechanical equipment
- Preparation of construction bid packages
- Cost estimating (conceptual & definitive) and budget preparation